Plantar fasciitis is a very common foot complaint that affects one in ten people worldwide and can cause mild to severe foot and heel pain in sufferers. You can develop plantar fasciitis if the plantar fascia (the ligament stretches from your toes to your heel and supports your arch) becomes overused or overstretched, this can cause it to become inflamed resulting in plantar fasciitis. There are many different factors that can increase your risk of getting plantar fasciitis including:
- Not stretching properly before running or sports,
- Being overweight or obese which can add extra pressure on your feet,
- Over pronation and supination when you walk is a biomechanical imbalance that affects your gait which can place excessive strain on your plantar fascia ligament,
- Wearing shoes that are too tight or do not fit properly,
- Weakened muscles or ligaments as a result of aging or a previous injury.
There are a range of different treatments that you can try to help with plantar fasciitis such as the PRICE protocol, stretching exercises and changing your footwear. However, the most effective treatment has to be wearing arch support insoles that will help to fix issues with your feet that may be causing your plantar fasciitis. Wearing insoles will help to both ease your foot pain and help prevent the injury from coming back.
Here we will summarize the best insoles for plantar fasciitis